Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Windows Standard Training Bundle (CSW)
Please be aware that course materials for Symantec courses are delivered as an eBook to the delegate prior to the course. To ensure a smooth course delivery please ensure you provide the delegate email address correctly with the booking. Please note that participants need to bring their own laptops to the course with the ebook software and ebook license installed. If you need further information please contact Client Solutions or 01 902 3500.
Who should attend
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, network administrators, system integration or development staff, and technical support personnel who will be working with Veritas Cluster Server.
You must have experience as a system and network administrator working in a Windows environment. Experience in developing Perl scripts is helpful.
The Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Windows: Administration course is designed for the IT professional responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining VCS clusters. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to use Veritas Cluster Server to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the fundamental skills that are needed to manage a highly available application in a cluster, you deploy VCS in a lab environment to implement a sample cluster design.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Manage highly available application services by using VCS.
- Install VCS and create a cluster.
- Configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behavior.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Configure VCS to manage SQL Server, Exchange Server, and other applications.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct cluster problems.
- Configure service group dependencies and failover policies.
Part 1 - Install and Configure
- High Availability and Clustering Concepts
- VCS Building Blocks
- Preparing a Site for VCS
- Installing and Upgrading VCS
- VCS Operations
- VCS Configuration Methods
- Preparing Services for VCS
- Online Configuration
- Offline Configuration
- Configuring Notification
- Handling Resource Faults
- Cluster Communications
- System and Communication Faults
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Part II - Manage and Administer
Example Application Configurations
- Clustering Applications
- Clustering File Shares
- Clustering SQL Server
- Clustering Exchange Server
- Clustering SharePoint Server (Optional)
- Cluster Management
- Service Group Dependencies
- Startup and Failover Policies
- Managing Data Centers
- Wide Area Disaster Recovery Solution for Hyper-V (Optional)
Duration: 5 days
Price (excl. VAT):
- £ 3,200.-